Saturday, January 15, 2011

Amityville 2: The Posession, Phantasm, The Deadly Spawn, Dead Silence

Jan 12, 2011
Amityville 2: The Possession

Now that is more like it! Bleeding walls, exploding faces, torrents of blood, incest, flies, secret rooms, and soulful priests. While perhaps not an award winning flick, this was oodles of fun to watch. As much for the sweaty pained look on most of the actors faces at one point or another as anything. Good fun, good horror!

 Jan 13, 2011
Phantasm

You know, I went to see the sequel to this without knowing a thing about t he first one. And to tell the truth, this is the first time I've watched it. Or at least the first time I remember watching it. The Tall Man is scary, Reggie is even a worse actor and shit didn't make a lick of sense. All good things. Fun story and I love seeing every cent up on the screen.

Jan 15, 2011
The Deadly Spawn (1983)

Oh how I love these 80's movies. The hideous hair, the appalling decor, the terrible acting. How I miss you. But I don't miss giant aliens that look VERY PHALLIC eating my parents and tearing off my girlfriends head. This movie was super fun to watch even if the copy we have sounds like all the vocals were recorded in a dumpster and it was pretty dark. This is the great fun of this project, rediscovering these little gems. SO AWESOME.

BONUS MOVIE:

Dead Silence (2007)

I don't care what anyone says, I am a HUGE James Wan fan. His vision translates really well to film for me. Quick cuts without the shaky cam (HATE) and images that stay with me, good stuff. The first time we watched this I was expecting a throw away Toothfairy/Boogeyman kinda deal. I was pleasantly surprised by the way this little movie stuck with me. The blue filtered land where the red really pops, it's a scary place. The gag at the end completely took me by surprise and I did not see it coming. I hope his career escalates, his view is an interesting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment