Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tales From the Crypt: Ritual, Hellraiser: Bloodline, Werewolf (MST3K), Black Death, Children of the Corn 3: Urban Harvest, Harvesting Horror: Children of the Corn

May 18, 2011
Tales from the Crypt: Ritual (2002)

I actually really enjoyed this. I KNOW RIGHT??? But I have a soft spot for Voodoo movies and this was really fun. Tim Curry is in it along with Jennifer Grey and the incomparable Craig Sheffer! Silly good times and even though my copy was kind of shitty, it made me want to be somewhere tropical. Without Voodoo spiders or zombies.

May 19, 2011
Hellraiser: Bloodline (1996)

PINHEAD IN SPACE! I actually hear that in my head said like PIGS IN SPACE from the Muppet Show. File that under shit you didn't need to know. Anyways, yeah. Pinhead in space. And in the past. I reckon this was scratching close to the bottom of the barrel at this point in the Hellraiser films yes? The origin of the box. Ooooooh. The cool thing? The dude from Step Brothers and Parks and Rec is in it. Hmm. Who knew? This killed an afternoon. Oh yeah, and there is an awful kid in it. With a stupid bowl cut. And that is all I got about this one. AVOID.

May 20, 2011
Werewolf/MST3K (1996)

Gah. I had ONE success with the bots. One. I totally thought they wold be able to make this rancid piece of shit smell like cupcakes but BZZZZZZZT. WRONG. The premise of this turd is WEREWOLVES IN NEW MEXICO. But it forgets that weak sauce for some of the worst acting I have ever seen. Everyone was Eastern European trying to do these Yankee accents, well except for Martin Sheen's brother. Who was eerily like him. It was kinda creepy. So um.. yeah. Terrible acting, terrible plot and no love/funny from Mike and the bots. SAD FAIL.

May 21, 2011
Black Death (2011)

Bloody depressing. I liked the Nic Cage one better. 

May 22, 2011
Children of the Corn 3: Urban Harvest (1995)

He Who Walks Behind The Rows in the big city! Well goooolllleeee.. OMG. This was a fucking hilarious shit fest from beginning to end. From the terrible mid 90's clothes to the splatter-riffic ending that had puppets, stop motion and I shit you not, dolls! It was fantastically, astonishingly convivial to behold. Really damn funny. Go watch it. 

May 23, 2011
Harvesting Horror: Children of the Corn (2004)

Nice small documentary (was an extra on the bonus edition of the first COTC) about making the first movie. The director and the 2 main child (kinda) actors tell about making the film. Some good insights into doing some effects on a small budget. A good watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment