Friday, May 13, 2011

The Rite, Hatchet 2, Beneath the Dark, Tucker & Dale VS Evil, Husk

 May 9, 2011
 The Rite (2011)

Am I the only one who roots for Satan in these movies? Sir Tony was quite good in this, if not a little more Hannibal than I expected. The imagery was pretty cool, and it was shot really lovely. But damn.. give a Demon a chance ok? 


May 10, 2011
Hatchet 2 (2010)


Goddamn I love me some Adam Green. His work just keeps getting better and better. There's some nice nods to other flicks in this (not just his own Frozen, which scared the frozen poo out of me) and his writing is spot on. Funny, bloody, gross beyond belief (the first kill is absurd in it's delightful awful-ness), I can't wait to see what he does next. Viva La Crowley!

May 11, 2011
Beneath the Dark (2010)


This was preachy, boring and, stupid. And that was the good bits. I hate these (SPOILERS) Oh noes I'm dead movies. I mean it it's tough to pull this off and this was an epic FAIL. Meadow Soprano can't raise her acting above a writhing pent up, high school production of Our Town. The lead actor dude, who sometimes slips into a weird Irish accent (despite having said he's never been to Ireland in a speech he gives to black Jesus) is awful. Just the fucking worst. Holy shit Netflix, how about you buy Blade 1 for us Canucks to watch and get rid of some of these POS's? Sheesh.


May 11, 2011
Tucker and Dale VS Evil (2010)


Now this, this is pure fucking movie GOLD HERE. I really had no expectations for this and was so far passed pleasantly surprised it was in Shaun of the Dead territory for both Chris and I. Seriously, we haven't laughed this hard in a movie in so long, it was a thrill to find this. Alan Tudyk and Tyler Labine are our charismatic lead hillbillies. Our female heroine is played by 30 Rock's Cerie who I just LOVED. She was sweet and funny and it was a great role for her. Honestly I can't believe no one has thought of this *twist* on the hillbilly from hell genre. An absolute blast for anyone, horror fan or not. This was maybe the best indie film I have seen in ages. If you like SOTD you'll LOVE T&D VS Evil! Go watch now. NOW I SAID!

May 12, 2011
Husk (2011)


Kind of like Children of the Corn with scary scarecrows (hahaha) and a little bit of ghost stuff tossed in. Not exactly boring, but kinda played out. The plot was a little dopey, but there was some creepy images, and some good solid jump scares. An ok afternoon diversion.



No comments:

Post a Comment