Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Psych 9, Black Water, Nightmare, Planet Terror, From Beyond, Countess Dracula, Dead and Buried

Feb 9, 2011
Psych 9 (2007)
My notebook says CONFUSING. And apparently forgettable. Cause that is what I have to reply on since I can barely remember watching this. Not a ringing endorsement eh? 

Feb 10, 2011
Black Water (2007)

I used to think I wasn't a creature feature gal, but these killa croc movies (like Rogue) are changing my mind. This was another Aussie gem. I can't imagine living in a country where everything wants to kill you, but it sure makes for a good movie setting! Loved it. 

Feb 11, 2011
Nightmare (1958)

There wasn't much of a Nightmare to be found here, but there was a good "gaslighting" thing going on. Great visuals, and such charming nightgowns! I enjoy these oldies, the B&W is amazing. Lovely and even a little twisted at the end. Fun.

Feb 12, 2011
Planet Terror (2007)

This is one of Chris' favourite movies EVER. He is an absolute freak for it. We watched this with commentary by Robert Rodriguez, which was AWESOME. He gives lots of insights about movie making and had nothing but interesting stuff to say. This is gloriously gross, funny and all things nasty. A modern classic. 

Feb 13, 2011
From Beyond (1986)

I've seen this many many times, and it holds up so damn well. Based on Lovecraft, with a young Jeffrey Coombs and Stuart Gordon directing that is movie GOLD! 

Feb 14, 2011
Countess Dracula (1971)

This was a very loose re-telling of the Elizabeth Bathory legend, with little no to no gore or violence. There were lots of boobs, but ultimately this was one of the more boring Hammer offerings I've ever seen. Can not recommend. :/

Feb 15, 2011
Dead & Buried (1981)

Holy mind fuck Batman! This is truly twisted and weird in the best way possible. Gross, and surprisingly creepy, this is an awesome movie. The only beef I had? The opening music was goofy. Not funny goofy, just goofy. WATCH IT. 


No comments:

Post a Comment