Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Night Of The Creeps, The Forsaken, Predators, Constantine, After Midnight, Lemora A Child's Tale of the Supernatural

Feb 4, 2011
Night Of The Creeps (1986)

How did I miss this in high school? I was probably cheer leading or studying. HA! I was probably drunk and shaving my head in public parks. Anyways, this is a great little flick. Zombie preppies (which I really would have loved back in the day) a dude with an unexplained crippling disease and the most vanilla, boring bland hero I have ever seen. He is truly my only gripe with NotC. She (the heroine) totally should have got with the dude with the crutches. He was hilarious! I love most movies with zombie animals and this was no exception. Zombie terrier FTW! Most awesome and fun.


Feb 5, 2011
The Forsaken (2001)

I had to make room on my DVR. That's my excuse. The excuse for this shitty movie. Who made it may have a better one but I doubt it. This was so trying to be After Dark or the Lost Boys or something.. but it is a FAIL. Lifeless and boring. I should be choosier about what I DVR I think.

Feb 6, 2011
Predators (2010)

Dear Adrian Brody, if you have worked out like a crazy person to get a phenomenal physique, please don't wait until the last 15 minutes of the movie to show me this. Talk to your fellow actor Mr Ryan Reynolds. Thank you. I enjoyed this movie. It was slick, but gross and fun and it has Danny Trejo. I love him. The action was tight, it was beautifully shot, all good stuff. A pleasant afternoon watch. 

Feb 6, 2011
Constantine (2005)

I love this movie. I love love love it. Keanu is good, Rachel is good, Peter Stormare is TERRIFYING and even Shia Le Beouf isn't that annoying. I have watched this too many times to be objective about it. It really is just that entertaining to me. I love it, The end. This was also the first movie we watched on our new 60 inch LCD. It just came today. I am in TV heaven.

Feb 7, 2011
After Midnight (1989)

Wow. This is bloodless weirdness at its worst. Seriously, the acting was awful, and the premise? Even for a jaded junkie like me it was a mish mash of crap. The teacher guy was literally eye rolling crazy. Which was kinda funny. But wore pretty thin pretty quick. It tried far too hard to be a bunch of movies and failed at all of them. I don't think even the most fanatical horror movie person should watch this, no one should. 

Feb 8, 2011
Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural (1973)

And then there is Lemora. One of the weirdest most bat shit crazy movies I have seen in a really long time. Seriously, this was bonkers nutso. A 13 year old girl whose father is a gangster gets adopted by a church. She gets a note saying her father, who has escaped custody is dying and wants to see her. So she runs away. Then the crazy world takes over. I don't wanna write out a synopsis for you, other people already have. Let's just suffice to say if you like wacked out strange 70's flicks, SEE THIS IMMEDIATELY. I'm torn between highly recommending this to everyone, and never speaking of it again. I think I love it. Also SPOILER: unhappy endings are my favourite kind. 


1 comment:

  1. "The good news is your date is here.
    The bad news is he's dead!"
    NOTC was the second horror movie I saw :)

    ReplyDelete