Friday, July 29, 2011

Mortuary, Scream 4, Captain America, The Hitcher (2007), Dylan Dog Dead Of Night, Cry Wolf, Society, Brain Damage, Satanic Rites of Dracula

 
July 20, 2011
Mortuary (2005)

Tobe Hooper directed this. I've seen this before but I for the life of me couldn't remember most of it. I do like that Tasha Yar from ST:NG was the Mom. Also; unhappy endings make me happy. I LOVED the crazy acid flashback Aunty. She was awesome. The movie was eh.. forgettable I suppose. Which is why I forgot I saw it in the first place. Durrr. 


July 21, 2011
Scream 4 (2011)

I coloured my shoes black while I watched (loose term used here) this. It was so seriously bland that the sharpie running out was providing me with more tension than the movie. Happily I got my shoes all done and they look amazing. The movie? What movie? Oh yeah. It was on. That is as good as it got. :/


July 22, 2011
Captain American (2011)

It fulfilled this quotient as fantasy. The only woman in the whole movie had gorgeous lipstick. It was pretty good as a popcorn flick. Sure, take the kids. I was sad the Red Skull wasn't juicier, but Hugo Weaving is always fun to watch. And Cap had some totally ripped abs. Also, the CGI making Cap look like a 100lb weakling was AMAZEBALLS. Good job!


July 23, 2011
The Hitcher (2007)

Holy shit Sean Bean makes for a good scary heavy! He was the shining bright light in this otherwise dull remake. It was nice and gross too. So yay for guts!


July 24, 2011
Dylan Dog Dead Of Night (2010)

This was way better than we thought it was gonna be. Superman still can't act but his sidekick more than made up for it. The effects were ok, but did I mention his sidekick? Sam Huntington? He was really good! Peter Stormare (who scares me just by breathing) seemed to lift his performance right out of Constantine so was fine too. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised by this. Low expectations FTW!


July 25, 2011
Cry Wolf (2005)

This movie looked like it should have been made in the 90's. Over plucked eyebrows and turtlenecks were abundant. The movie itself I quite liked. Decent twist, fun to watch. Nice afternoon diversion. 


July 26, 2011
Society (1989)

Another Brian Yuzna grossout! Where else would you get to see the fantastic Billy Warlock emote like a champ? This movie is a total batshit crazy mess. In the best way possible. I'm still not really sure why the stuff that happens, actually does happen. But isn't that one of the charms of a Yuzna flick. Not for the weak of stomach. Butthead.


July 27, 2011
Brain Damage (1988)

Wow. Aylmer is a wormy thing that sings, dances, eats brains and gets you fucked up like a superstar. Problem is, he destroys you while doing this. I so love this messed up world that Frank Henenlotter creates! Grimy, weird, and nonsensical, this place is scary and twisted. I love this movie with my whole heart. 


July 28, 2011
Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973)

Dracula wants to end the world? Really? This is a strange little flick from Hammer. It is set in the modern world, and the highlight for me was seeing Patsy from Absolutely Fabulous as the damsel in distress. And a bodacious red head to boot! Odd movie, but fun. It was on the same disc as Argento's Deep Red Hatchet Murders I found at a used DVD place. Wack eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment